In the majority of cases for shipping services offered by eBay Delivery, it is mandatory to print and attach the shipping label to the parcel.
During the purchasing flow a message will be displayed to inform you you have to print the label or not. For more information, please check the following examples:
- Printer required
If the above message is displayed, it is mandatory to print and attach the label to the parcel.
If you do not have adhesive paper, you can also print the label on a normal sheet of paper and apply it to the package with adhesive tape. We recommend using a transparent plastic bag. Make sure that the label does not cover the shipment information or the barcodes.
- No printer required
If, instead, the above message is displayed, it is not mandatory to print the label. In fact, some transportation agencies label the goods in the warehouse, so it will not be strictly necessary for you to have a printer to purchase this service.
However, we strongly suggest to always print the label and attach it to your parcel. Parcels cannot be transported without identification and you must have the courier sign the label and keep it with you until your parcel has been delivered. It will be needed as proof of delivery. Please note that you can also create your own document (handwritten in capital letters) including the recipient/sender information & Packlink reference number.
It is important to attach the label to the parcel for the following reasons:
- It allows you to track the status of your shipment online.
- It tells the carrier that the shipment has already been paid.
- It shows key information, such as recipient data.
- You need it as a proof of collection of the parcel.
- When the carrier comes to pick up your package, or when you take it to the Drop-Off Point, you will not have to make any extra payment for this service. If you are asked to pay, it is because you have not printed and correctly applied the label on the package.