With the eBay delivery is not normally allowed to ship perishable products but only non-perishable foods.
There are 2 types of perishable products:
- Perishable Products whose expiration date is less than 10 days, considered as Prohibited Items. These are products that require particular conditions of temperature, humidity, conservation, and consequently a special transport which with Packlink is not allowed. For example: eggs, meat, fish, fruit and vegetables.
- Perishable products whose expiration date is more than 10 days, considered as Items without Insurance Coverage, can be sent under the responsibility of the consignor. These products have special storage conditions, but nevertheless have a wider expiration date. For example: preserves, soups, pasta, coffee, flour, sugar, salt.
If you decide to send these products, it is important to take into account that they are not covered by insurance and therefore no claims will be accepted in cases of damage or loss.
TRANSPORT AT CONTROLLED TEMPERATURE
By the term perishable food means any food that needs thermal conditioning for its preservation. The sending solutions offered by our site do not provide temperature-controlled services, for this reason it is not allowed to send food that may arrive damaged.
Foods considered perishable are, for example:
- All dairy products (drinking milk, pasteurized, butter, cheese)
- Frozen meats
- Fresh meat or cold cuts
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Homemade or fresh pasta
- Seafood products
For carriers that collaborate with Packlink completely forbidden foods are listed as highly perishable, such as milk and milk-based drinks / creams - ice cream - fresh cheeses (eg mozzarella, stracchino) - ricotta - butter - blood for protein production - meats fresh - offal - eggs - fresh fish products - edible molluscs (ex: oysters, clams).
The products that can be accepted with limitations, but for which it is not possible to make any claim, include the following types of food: whole hams, raw salamis or packaged in cuts - semi-mature soft cheese - production pasta gastronomic (eg stuffed pasta). These products can only be accepted for destinations in Italy and the European Union.
In order for the courier to take delivery without any inconvenience, the goods must be declared in a generic way as "non-perishable foods".
Below are some examples of shelf foods that can be sent with Packlink, even if they are not covered by basic or complementary insurance:
- Rice, pasta
- Dried vegetables
- Coffee, flour, sugar, salt
WHEN IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SEND FOOD
The forwarding of food is not permitted in the following cases:
- To UK national and / or European destinations if the goods need to be transported at a controlled temperature. The sending solutions offered by our site do not provide temperature-controlled services, for this reason it is not allowed to send food that may arrive damaged.
- To non-European international destinations and / or with customs clearance. From the Institutions a series of specific import documentation is required, such as Technical Data Sheets of Origin and Product, FDA Code in the case of the USA, or other type of documentation in compliance with the current legislation against Bioterrorism.
- In Norway, it is not permitted to send solid or liquid feed with standard packaging services for customs bureaucracies.
- In Filandia and Sweden it is not allowed to import alcohol even at a low alcohol content, including wine.
In order to ensure that the customer is aware of the criteria and limitations for the transport of food with DHL, it is mandatory to sign a special letter of indemnity from Food to be delivered to the courier / reception at the time of delivery. This letter is required for all