Note: We only work with the best carriers in the UK, however sometimes inconveniences such as loss or damage to a shipment can happen. In such cases it is important to read this articles that covers everything about ebay delivery compensation.
Every shipment done with eBay Delivery includes a standard compensation. The amount of the standard compensation depends on the type of service purchased. You can make a claim:
- Of up to £25 for Services with 2-3 day delivery.
- Of up to £60 for Services with 1 day delivery.
Please remember that the shipping cost, packaging or any other extra cost the buyer might have paid is excluded from the compensation.
If during the booking process you selected enhanced compensation with your label then your shipment will be covered up to the sale value of your item, up to a maximum of £2.500.
You can initiate a compensation claim in the following cases:
- Partial parcel loss;
- Parcel loss.
All claims must be made with the eBay delivery online claim form within the following terms:
- Loss: Claims for lost parcels must be made within 28 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched.
- Evident Damage: At the moment of the delivery and when you sign the proof of delivery with reserve of damage (damages that are clearly visible from the external packaging).
- Hidden Damage: Claims for hidden damages must be made within 7 calendar days from when the parcel was delivered (damages that are not visible immediately upon delivery).
WHEN I CANNOT CLAIM COMPENSATION?
You cannot claim compensation for the value of the item when:
- The parcel was collected late and not on the date of the original pick up date.
- The parcel was delivered not according to the transit time published on the website.
Shipping cost is refunded only in the case the shipment is cancelled and if it has not entered the carrier network.
Please remember that you cannot make a compensation claim and therefore claims will be always rejected in the following cases:
You are sending items included in the Prohibited item list.
You are sending items included in the No compensation items list.
The package used does not follow our Packaging guidelines.
Labels are not applied to parcel correctly How to apply the shipping label to the parcel.
Claims is made after 28 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched for loss and after 7 calendar days in case of damages.
You do not provide all the documents requested by customer service.
You make a claim using an email address that does not belong to affected ebay account or you have not made the claim through the ebay delivery online claim form.
MAKE A CLAIM FOR AN AMOUNT HIGHER THAN £25 OR £60
To make a claim, you will have to keep the purchase invoices that is the proof to the value. Payment receipts issued by Paypal and / or other payment platforms, as well as publications on the web for buying and selling items, are not considered as invoices or proof of the value of the goods.
You will be asked for the purchase invoice for the goods involved, with a date less than 60 days from the date of dispatch.
To submit a compensation claim contact our customer support who will give you access to the official ebay delivery claim form