To open a claim you must be the contract holder and contact Packlink. The compensation depends from the protection selected during the booking process.
What is the Standard Compensation?
Every shipment done with eBay Delivery powered by Packlink includes a standard compensation. The amount of the standard compensation depends on the type of service purchased. Standard compensation is included in the following services free of charge:
- Up to £25 for all Hermes and InPost services (Hermes Postable does not include £25 compensation)
- Up to £60 for UPS, DPD and DHL service.
What is Enhanced compensation?
If during the booking process you purchased enhanced compensation with your label then your shipment will be covered up to the sale value of your item, up to a maximum of £5,000.
Can I make a claim for my parcel?
You can initiate a compensation claim in the following cases:
- Partial parcel loss;
- Parcel loss;
All claims must be made with Packlink via the online claim form within 30 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched.
In what case will my compensation request be rejected?
You cannot make a compensation claim and, therefore, claims will be always rejected in the following cases:
- You are sending items included in the Prohibited item list.
- You are sending items included in the No compensation items list.
- The package used does not follow our Packaging guidelines.
- Labels are not applied to parcel correctly How to apply the shipping label to the parcel.
- Claims is made after 30 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched
- You do not provide all the documents requested by customer service.
- You make a claim using an email address that does not belong to affected eBay account or you have not made the claim through the eBat delivery online claim form.
How do I make a claim?
To submit a compensation claim contact Packlink customer support.
Remember that a compensation process always involves 2 mandatory steps:
- Investigation: We will ask you some questions (description of the parcel, packaging, etc) and we will contact the carrier, investigation may take up to 30 days.
- Claim acceptance: Once the investigation process is complete, the claim will be assigned to the claims department for final evaluation.
To start a claim for loss or damage click here: Damage or Loss claim form