- Estimated transit time: from Monday to Friday, excluding national or local holidays.
- Home collection or drop-off at a DPD Germany office (depending on service).
- Home delivery*.
- Mandatory label.
- Transit time: estimated, does not include the 48 - 96 hour increment to/from islands or remote areas, etc.
- Storage: maximum 5 calendar days. Release of goods under request.
- Two delivery attempts at no additional cost. At the discretion of the delivery office, in case of the absence of the consignee, "deposit authorization" is foreseen.
- Max weight: 31.5 kg.
Maximum dimensions: maximum length 175 cm. Circumference (2 x height + 2 x width + 1 x length) = 300 cm.
- Possibility of requesting digital proof of delivery.
- eBay Delivery customer service: from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., except holidays.
* Unless delivery at an agreed point after failed delivery attempt due to an absent consignee.
Type of services
The type of service available for your shipment depends on several factors, such as the country/city of origin/destination, weight, dimensions, etc.
To check which services are available for your shipment, follow the instructions to obtain a quote. Once you have selected the service you want for your shipment, click Details to check all the information about the carrier/service.
Mandatory label. Don’t cover the barcode part with sellotape to ensure the label can be scanned correctly.
Print 3 copies of the label:
- Copy 1: on the outside of the box, if possible on the widest side, so it doesn't come off.
- Copy 2: ask the courier to sign it as proof of collection and keep it until delivery.
- Copy 3: give it to the courier if requested.
We recommend to print a 4th copy (optional) of the label and put it inside the package so that your package can always be identified in case of a lost parcel.
Delivery and collection times
- The service does not include any telephone notification before collection or delivery. It is at the discretion of the driver.
- Collection times: are between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. depending on the place of residence. The system will offer you the available options.
- Delivery times: are between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Delivery: DPD Germany has a deposit authorization so the parcels can be left in a safe place, such as a mailbox, a garage, or directly in front of the entrance door. If no one is home, it can be delivered to a neighbor, the deposit authorization will be in vigor.
- Drop-off: you can bring the goods to the DPD Germany ParcelShop during office hours on the date that suits you best.
- Even if your DPD Germany ParcelShop is open on Saturdays, please note that the goods will not begin transit until Monday.
- During the price inquiry, you’ll see the first available collection date, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t choose a later date.
- The collection service is available from Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. Remember that, although it may not be a holiday in your locality, if the branch in charge of the collection is not operating because of a holiday in the city / province, the collection will not be able to take place.
- Leave a note or post-it on the telephone or intercom if the addressee's surname is not visible, does not match, or if the bell does not work.
For information about tracking, please check this article.
Furthermore, tracking is available through the carrier website here.
The transit of the service is only estimated and not guaranteed, as specified during the purchasing flow.
- The transit depends on the purchased service.
- The estimated transit does not include the 48 - 96 hour increment to/from islands or remote areas, etc.
- Delivery dates are subject to change.
- Delivery times for estimated transit services are indicative and non-binding, estimated in working days from Monday to Friday, from the date of receipt of the shipment.
On certain occasions, due to logistical, operational and climatological reasons, as well as others unrelated to eBay Delivery, it is not possible to collect or deliver on the estimated day.
- It’s the user’s responsibility to track the shipment and provide eBay Delivery with a solution within a maximum of 5 working days from the beginning of the first incident.
- In case of absence, the transportation company will try to leave an attempted delivery note at the recipient’s address whenever possible.
- The return to place of origin isn’t included in any of the services, whatever the reason for the return may be (absence, incorrect address, rejection, etc.).
- The times are estimated except for the services with guaranteed delivery, so the user will not have the right to a shipment refund in case of a delay arising from the transport.
Proof of delivery
POD is available upon request. For more information please check the article How to request a POD (Proof of Delivery).
All services include the coverage stated in the Terms and Conditions of the service.
It’s possible to contract extra protection for a maximum value of £5,000,00.
In any case, the coverage will be effective for all contracted services provided that the transported goods are not among those in the List of Prohibited and no compensation items, nor does it apply to damage caused by insufficient packaging, in which case, at the time of contracting, the user accepts that they are transported without any extra protection coverage.
- View the Prohibited and no compensation items.
- Click here to read more information about maximum size and dimensions.
- Bear in mind that the service has been contracted with eBay Delivery, so the transportation company will more than likely be unable to attend to you directly, but if you wish to contact DPD Germany, you can do so here.
- We are happy to help you via the Help Portal from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays. Click Contact us now at the end of this page.