Shipping rules allow you to automatically apply specific settings to your orders, based on fixed conditions. This feature will help you to automate and save time in your shipping process:
- Based on the rule you have created, orders will be automatically finalised with the selected action.
- Save time: manage several orders with one action, rather than making manual changes to each one.
For more information, please watch the following video and keep reading this article.
Shipping rules: principle
Shipping rules are based on pre-established conditions (postcode, country, etc.). For each one of these conditions, you can establish actions. An example of Shipping rule could be:
- Condition: if Postcode is 28001.
- Action: ship with Correos Express.
How do I create Shipping rules in my Packlink eBay account?
Creating a new shipping rule is very quick and easy. Please follow these steps to create one:
- Log in to your Packlink eBay account.
- On the top right on your screen, click Settings.
- In the left navigation menu, select Shipping rule.
- My shipping rules: in this tab you will find the existing rules you hace established until now.
- Add new shipping rules: in this tab you'll be able to create new shipping rules at any time. Please note, you can set up to 15 rules in your account.
- Title: when creating a new shipping rule, you need to assign a name at first. Furthermore, if you want this rule to be active from now, make sure to toggle the switch to activate it.
- Condition: apply the condition you would like to set for your rule. You can apply more conditions for the same rule.
- Action: based on the condition(s) you set in the previous step, establish the action you want to take for these shipments.
- Review the information you have just added carefully, as both shipments and prices might be affected. Once reviewed, click Save.
- The shipping rule you have just created will be available in the list under the tab My shipping rules.
Are shipping rules applied to all my existing orders?
Once you have created your shipping rules, these will be applied to those shipments whose status is incomplete, such as Drafts or Ready for payment. Shipping rules will NOT be applied to those orders that have already been confirmed.
Shipping rules priority
Shipping rules are applied according to the priority you have given to them, from top to bottom. This means that the rule currently displayed in the section My shipping rules in the first row, will be applied before the rule displayed in the second row. To increase or decrease the priority of an existing rule, please use the blue arrows:
- To increase priority.
- To decrease priority.
I have already set a shipping rule in my online store. If I set a shipping rule in my Packlink eBay account as well, which one of them will be taken into account first?
It depends on the type of order you have imported from your online store to your Packlink eBay dashboard:
- Imported order without a pre-established service (carrier): the shipping rule set in Packlink eBay dashboard will be applied.
- Imported order with a pre-established service (carrier): the shipping rule set in your online store will be applied.
Edit or delete an existing rule from the list
- Access to the list in the section My shipping rules.
- On the right side of your dashboard, click the pencil icon if you would like to edit the existing rule.
- If, instead, you want to remove an action, click the bin icon.
What happens if I create a manual shipment?
In case you create a manual shipment, and you have a shipping rule created where the conditions are being met, then the rule will apply to that shipment too if you save it as draft. On the other hand, shipping rules will not apply if you finalise your order using the manual checkout.