Giving a gift not only involves choosing the perfect gift but also ensuring that the presentation is impeccable when the person receives the gift.
At eBay Delivery, we want to help you turn your gift into a special surprise. That's why, below, we explain step by step how to maintain the packaging.
An effective technique to impress and ensure that the gift is delivered in perfect condition is to use matryoshka (Russian doll) or Box-in-Box style packaging, which means placing one box inside another one.
This method not only protects the integrity of the gift, but also preserves the wrapping paper. Additionally, it prevents the shipping label from coming off during transportation and distribution, thus ensuring that the package is delivered to the destination address.
We recommend not including other items such as liquids or foodstuffs, as they could be damaged in the event of breakage.
- If the item is not in the original manufacturer's box or you perceive that the packaging is insufficient or unsuitable, you will need to use suitable packaging that is appropriate for the type of goods to ensure the safety of the contents. Then wrap it in the gift wrapping paper.
- If the item is completely sealed and in the original manufacturer's box, wrap it directly in the gift wrapping paper.
- Gift wrapping paper.
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both the weight and dimensions of the gift.
- Mouldable foam.
- Polystyrene chips.
- Adhesive tape.
- Packing tape.
- Once you have wrapped the gift and taped the ribbon to it, place it inside the double corrugated cardboard box at least 5 cm away from the walls, so that it is not in direct contact with the sides and edges of the box.
- Make sure that there are no gaps and that the box with the gift does not move around inside. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers to cover and immobilise the box to reduce the impact of vibrations during transport (mouldable foam, polystyrene chips, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with packing tape.
- Attach the shipping label to the outer side of the box with sufficient packaging tape to prevent it from coming off and make sure that the barcode is not covered.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.
The wrapping paper or the composition of the wrapping is not covered by any kind of financial compensation in case of breakage.