Every shipment done with eBay Delivery includes a free standard compensation. The amount of the standard compensation is €25 for all services (An Post, UPS and DPD).
If the item value is higher than €25 then to protect your parcel for the full amount select enhanced compensation at an extra cost. During the booking process select enhanced compensation and your shipment will be covered up to the sale value of your item, up to a maximum of €2.500.
You can initiate a compensation claim in the following cases:
- Partial parcel loss;
- Parcel loss.
All claims must be made with the eBay delivery online claim form within the following terms:
- Loss: Claims for lost parcels must be made within 28 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched.
- Damage: Claims for damages must be made within 7 calendar days from when the parcel was delivered.
WHEN I CANNOT CLAIM COMPENSATION?
You cannot claim compensation for the value of the item when:
- The parcel was collected late and not on the date of the original pick up date.
- The parcel was delivered not according to the transit time published on the website.
Shipping cost is refunded only in the case the shipment is cancelled and if it has not entered the carrier network.
Please remember that you cannot make a compensation claim and therefore claims will be always rejected in the following cases:
You are sending items included in the Prohibited item list.
You are sending items included in the No compensation items list.
The package used does not follow our Packaging guidelines.
Labels are not applied to parcel correctly How to apply the shipping label to the parcel.
Claims is made after 28 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched for loss and after 7 calendar days in case of damages.
You do not provide all the documents requested by customer service.
You make a claim using an email address that does not belong to affected ebay account or you have not made the claim through the ebay delivery online claim form.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
To submit a compensation claim contact our customer support.
Remember that a compensation process always involves 2 mandatory steps:
- Investigation: Select the claim section from the contact page. We will ask you some questions (description of the parcel, packaging, etc) and we will contact the carrier.
- Online Claim Form: Once the investigation process is complete, the claim will be assigned to the claims department for final evaluation.