InPost offers a locker-to-home delivery service. A parcel locker is a 24/7 self-service delivery service which allows the sending of parcels by simply scanning a barcode on the label. The nearest locker could be outside your local supermarket or the station you commute from, find an InPost locker near you. After depositing the parcel into a locker, City Sprint will collect the parcel form the locker and it will be delivered by Yodel it to your customer. InPost deliveries can be tracked via InPost track your parcel.
- Estimated transit time: from Monday to Friday, excluding national or local holidays.
- Drop-off at InPost locker (collected by City Sprint).
- Home delivery (delivered by Yodel).
- Mandatory label.
- 2 delivery attempts, at no additional cost.
- Max weight allowed is 15 Kg.
- POD available upon request, please check How to request a POD (Proof of Delivery)
- eBay Delivery customer service from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., except holidays.
Type of services
- Printer required : mandatory label
- Locker-to-home service.
- Find the closest locker: Find an InPost locker near you.
- Delivery within 2-3 working days (UK mainland).
- Rates include up to £25 standard compensation.
- The carrier will return the parcel to sender after 3 failed attempts.
Mandatory label. please do NOT cover the barcode part with sellotape to ensure the label can be scanned correctly.
InPost UK labels are valid for 5 calendar days from the date the order was paid. If it is not used within this period, it expires and can no longer be used.
If you did not drop off the parcel in the established time, please contact the eBay Delivery Customer Service team by using the labels contact form on the Help Center to report the problem and request a new label. Our agents will send it to you at the email address you specified in the query.
- Drop-off: you have a maximum of 5 calendar days from the date of contracting the service to drop off the parcel/envelope at the locker because the label has an expiry date.
- Drop-off your parcel into a locker during hours that suits you best, scan the barcode from the label and select the appropriate compartment size. Find an InPost locker.
- To ensure that parcel is collected the same date deposit the parcel into the locker before 12:00.
- After storing your parcel into the locker an option to scan a QR code appears on the screen, this will pull through the parcel number and request an email address where the digital receipt of the dispatch will be sent.
- There’s no physical printed receipt from the locker, scan the QR code after storing the parcel to receive the receipt via email. The receipt will include the time, date, parcel number and locker ID as well as a link to tracking.
- If there is any issue when scanning the QR code, request here a receipt by providing the parcel number and email address.
- After depositing your parcel into an InPost locker, the delivery will be operated by Yodel.
- Parcel collection by the recipient: within 8 calendar days from the date it was stored.
- Each locker has three different sized compartments for you to choose from:
- Small: 8cm x 38cm x64 cm
- Medium: 19cm x 38cm x 64cm
- Large: 41cm x 38cm x 64cm
- After depositing your parcel into the locker, transit time will depend on the type of service purchased: 2-3 working days service.
- Transit time starts from the moment the parcel is collected from the locker.
- Collection is guaranteed on the same day only if the parcel is deposited before 12:00.
- Transit time are Mon-Saturday - however will depend on time the customer takes the parcel to the locker, as to whether the driver has already been for the day. To ensure that parcel is collected the same date deposit the parcel into the locker before 12:00.
- Parcel collection by the recipient at the InPost office/locker: within 8 calendar days from the date it was stored.
For information about tracking, please check this article.
Furthermore, tracking is available through the carrier website here.
- It’s the user’s responsibility to track the shipment and provide eBay Delivery with a solution within a maximum of 5 working days from the beginning of the first incident.
- In case of absence, the transportation company will try to leave an attempted delivery note at the recipient’s address whenever possible.
- The return to place of origin isn’t included in any of the services, whatever the reason for the return may be (absence, incorrect address, rejection, etc.).
- The times are estimated except for the services with guaranteed delivery, so the user will not have the right to a shipment refund in case of a delay arising from the transport.
Proof of delivery
- Digital proof of delivery at no extra cost. This document can only be requested by the payer of the service.
- Provided that it’s not a certified delivery, a third party, who is not necessarily the recipient of the shipment, may receive it.
All services include the coverage stated in the Terms and Conditions of the service.
It’s possible to contract extra protection for a maximum value of £5,000,00.
In any case, the coverage will be effective for all contracted services provided that the transported goods are not among those in the List of Prohibited and non-compensation items, nor does it apply to damage caused by insufficient packaging, in which case, at the time of contracting, the user accepts that they are transported without any extra protection coverage.
- Only one parcel per locker compartment: when dropping off a parcel at an InPost locker, each parcel must have its own unique label and be put in separate locker compartments to ensure your parcel does not go missing.
- Full list of prohibited items can be found here. Make sure to also check our list of Prohibited and non-compensation items.
- The heaviest parcel you can send is 15kg, the maximum dimensions are 41cm x 38cm x 64cm.
- Bear in mind that the service has been contracted with eBay Delivery, so the transportation company will more than likely be unable to attend to you directly, but if you wish to contact InPost, you can do so here.
- We are happy to help you via the Help Portal from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays. Click Contact us now at the end of this page.