With eBay Delivery you can send mobile phones. However, given their fragility, you must pay special attention to their packaging and comply with the international regulations for lithium batteries.
The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
The original packaging of the item was designed for the transportation from the shop to the house/office, and it does not guarantee any protection for these fragile products. For this reason, please follow the tips here below:
- We strongly recommend you use matryoshka style packaging (box-in-box), to provide additional stability to the item.
- If you have the original packaging from the store, place it in a bigger box, at least 5 cm from the borders. Fill in the empty spaces using shock absorber, to reduce the possibility of vibration while the item is transported.
Do not mix the mobile phone with other types of products such as liquids or food, as they might get damaged if there’s a breakage, without any insurance coverage.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Expanded polystyrene box.
- Plastic bag.
- Mouldable foam.
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the item individually and make sure that the device is turned off.
- Protect on/off switches, to make sure they are not activated during transportation.
- Wrap the mobile phone with at least 5 cm of expanded polyethylene sheets and ensure it has enough protection.
- Place the items inside an insulating container, which must be completely sealed, using non-conductive materials, such as expanded polystyrene box.
- Put the accessories, cables, charger, earphones, etc., in a plastic bag
- Place the mobile phone and the bag with the accessories inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, polyethylene foam, foam chips/shavings, inflatable packaging, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.