You can send items containing liquids as long as they are not included in our list of prohibited Items and no compensation items and have packaging approved and accepted by the carrier.
Non-suitable packaging with bubble wrap and/or newspaper sheets are considerate inappropriate packaging by our insurance cover, and in case of damage, no claim will be accepted.
We recommend not including other items (clothes, books, etc.) with the liquids, as they might get damaged if there’s a breakage.
The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Boxes with separators and anchor points, based on both weight and dimensions of the bottles.
- Polyethylene sheets.
- Mouldable foam.
- Polystyrene tubes.
- Expanded polyethylene corners and profiles.
- Inflatable packaging (Airplus Cushions).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the items individually.
- Wrap items with liquids using absorbing and/or waterproof material, such as polyethylene sheets, polystyrene tubes or foam adapted to the shape of the bottle.
- Do not leave corners or protrusions/bulges of the items exposed.
- Place the items inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders and corners to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation, because if they break or leak, which may cause damage to other shipments.
- Protect borders and corners using expanded polyethylene.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, inflatable packaging, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
It is not allowed to send bottles using our standard services in the cases outlined in this article, as the shipment may be returned to the sender and no refund is applicable in this situation.
In the event of damage, our Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.