There are no special services with eBay Delivery dedicated to shipping fragile. Nevertheless, you can send these items if you pack them carefully.
Handling instructions (handle with care, this side up, fragile, do not bend/fold, do not stack, etc.) do not guarantee any special treatment. The item is handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 80 cm.
Items must be transported in packaging approved and accepted by the selected carrier, and according to our Packaging Guide. For these items it's required the use of parcels with particularly strong packaging, that allows them to be immobilised inside the box.
Always use corrugated cardboard boxes, to protect the items from shocks and maintain stability, even if they are stacked one on top of the other.
Works of art
- When you ship paintings or sculpture out of the European Union (EU), customs authorities require additional documents, that must be transported with the goods for exportation, in addition to the Customs invoice. For more information, please check the requirements for your destination.
- Please note that in case of paintings or sculptures, whose artistic/economic value is exceptional, these are considered as work of art and they cannot be shipped. As a matter of fact, work of art is listed in our prohibited items.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Bubble wrap.
- Mouldable foam.
- Polyethylene foam.
- Expanded polyethylene sheets (corners and profiles).
- Filler chips.
- Packing tape (resilient & good quality).
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the paintings individually.
- If the painting is covered and protected by crystal or glass, use packing tape to draw an "X" on the objet, to keep the crystal/glass glued in case of damage.
- Protect each item with at least 5 cm of polyethylene sheeting. Make sure the item has enough protection.
- Wrap each item with bubble wrap (at least 10cm of thickness).
- Place the items inside a double corrugated cardboard box separated from each other, with a minimum of 5 cm from the borders and corners of the box to avoid possible damage from shocks or vibrations during transport.
- Protect corners and borders using expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Make sure there are no gaps and that the contents cannot move after sealing the box. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, polyethylene foam, foam chips/shavings, inflatable packaging, etc.)
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
Please note that in our list of prohibited items are also included the following:
- Plain glass: mirrors, glass panels or panels for aquariums, windows, windshields.
- Slabs of concrete, granite, marble, etc.
No claim will be accepted for prohibited/non-compensation items in case of loss or damage.
In the event of damage, our Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.