With eBay Delivery you can send toys, board games and collectible items. However, you need to pack the items carefully, following the instructions outlined in this article
Please note that if your items include batteries, you must comply with the international regulation. Furthermore, on the IATA official website you can find all the information on the transport of batteries.
Items must be transported in packaging approved and accepted by the selected carrier. You will need a very resilient packaging to protect the item and immobilise it inside the box.
The original packaging of the item was designed for the transportation from the shop to the house/office, and it does not guarantee any protection for these fragile products. For this reason, we strongly recommend you use matryoshka style packaging (box-in-box), to provide additional protection to the item.
We remind you that packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Bubble wrap.
- Formable foam.
- Polyethylene foam.
- Expanded polyethylene corners and profiles.
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the items individually.
- Wrap the items with at least 5 cm of bubble wrap and ensure it has enough protection.
- Place the items inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation.
- Protect borders and corners using expanded polyethylene.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, polyethylene foam, foam chips/shavings, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, our Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.