With eBay Delivery you can send books, magazines and vinyl. However, you must pay special attention to their packaging.
We recommend sending the item with absorbent material to provide extra protection and to insulate it from humidity.
The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
Items must be transported in packaging approved and accepted by the selected carrier. You will need a very resilient packaging, with reinforced borders to protect the item and immobilise it inside the box.
Padded envelopes and extra-flat boxes are not suitable packagings. These packagings are designed for transportation from the shop to the house/office, and it does not guarantee any optimal protection for the standard parcel service.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Formable foam.
- Polyethylene foam.
- Expanded polyethylene - corners and profiles.
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the items individually.
- Wrap the items with at least 5 cm of expanded polyethylene sheets and ensure it has enough protection.
- Use cushioning packaging on the bottom, top and sides of the box.
- Place the items inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation.
- Protect borders and corners using expanded polyethylene.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, polyethylene foam, foam chips/shavings, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, our Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.