With eBay Delivery you can send televisions and monitors. However, given their fragility, you must pay special attention to their packaging.
Do not mix televisions and monitors with other types of products such as liquids or food, as they might get damaged if there’s a breakage, without any insurance coverage.
Handling instructions (handle with care, this side up, fragile, do not fold/bend, do not stack, etc.) do not guarantee any special treatment. The item is handled by automatic machines and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 m.
Always use corrugated cardboard boxes, to protect the items from shocks and maintain stability, even if they are stacked one on top of the other.
The original packaging of the item was designed for the transportation from the shop to the house/office, and it does not guarantee any protection for these fragile products. For this reason, please follow the tips here below:
- We strongly recommend you use matryoshka style packaging (box-in-box), to provide additional stability to the item.
- If you have the original packaging from the store, place it in a bigger box, at least 5 cm from the borders. Fill in the empty spaces using shock absorber, to reduce the possibility of vibration while the item is transported.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Polyethylene foam.
- Formable foam.
- Plastic bag.
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the item individually.
- Wrap the TV or monitor with at least 10 cm of expanded polyethylene sheets to avoid scratches.
- Put the accessories, cables, controls, screws, etc., in a plastic bag
- Place everything in the original manufacturer's box. If you do not have such packaging, place the device and the bag with the accessories inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation.
- Ensure corners and borders are well protected, using expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, polyethylene foam, foam chips/shavings, inflatable packaging, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.