With eBay Delivery you can send paint pots. However, you must pay special attention to their packaging.
The insurance will not cover paints that are classified as dangerous goods (ADR)
Before purchasing your shipment, please check the product's safety data sheet (available online). Verify Section 14: Transport information. If a UN number is specified, it is dangerous goods.
- External packaging: the pots must be transported in packaging approved by the carriers, as they require particularly resistant packaging material that allows them to be immobilised inside the box.
- Internal packaging: the liquids should be wrapped in absorbent and impermeable polyethylene materials. If the packaging breaks or leaks, it could also cause damage to other shipments.
It is always preferable to transport this type of goods separately from other types of merchandise (clothes, books, etc.).
Always check the integrity of the packaging and ensure there are no defects in the closing system.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Formable foam.
- Polyethylene sheets.
- Thermoplastic polystyrene tubes.
- Double cardboard (corrugated) or polystyrene separators.
- Inflatable packaging (Airbags).
- Expanded polyethylene - corners and profiles.
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the items individually.
- Wrap them with absorbent and impermeable materials such as polyethylene sheets, thermoplastic polystyrene tubes, or formable foam.
- Do not leave corners or protrusions/bulges of the items exposed.
- Place the pots inside a double corrugated cardboard box, separated from each other, at least 5 cm away from borders to avoid damages and vibrations during transportation.
- Use formable foam or cushioning packaging on the bottom, top and sides of the box.
- Ensure corners and borders are well protected, using expanded polyethylene sheets.
- Make sure there are no gaps and the content cannot move. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (formable foam, inflatable packaging, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
Remember that you can send a maximum of 5 litres per package. Each package should contain a maximum weight of 10 kg. This way, the package will not be too heavy and will be easier to handle, avoiding possible damage to the goods.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.
Non-suitable packagingwith bubble wrap and/or newspaper sheets are considerate inappropriate packaging by our insurance cover, and in case of damage, no claim will be accepted.