You are brought to Auctane, S.L.U. from eBay, which provide eBay delivery services powered by Packlink. You can use your eBay login credentials to login into eBay delivery powered by Packlink.
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymised data).
Our Data Protection Director can be contacted by email at email@example.com or the following postal address (see Contact section for further details):
Calle Amaltea 9, 3rd Floor
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What information do we obtain and how do we do so?
We will only request personal information when it is strictly necessary in order to provide a service that you have requested .
What personal information do you provide us?
You may need to provide personal data to us in any of the following circumstances :
- You request our products or services.
- You use and browse the Website.
- We are in contact via telephone calls, correspondence (including email) or we need to send you a publication.
- You apply for or present candidates for jobs.
This personal information may include the following :
- Your full name and job position.
- Postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Other information pertinent to using our Website and our services, such as preferences, studies, answers and opinions at the Marketing level.
- Information about your shipment, including the recipient.
- Tax information (for international shipments).
- Payment information (this information is protected and processed by our payment provider).
- In relation to job applications, your CV, including information about your education and your career, as well as any other information included on the CV, or provided in response to on-line questions.
Information that we obtain from you through our website
When you visit our Website, we may obtain the following information:
- Information about the User Agent (electronic device) provided by your Internet browser.
- Your eBay account details.
- If you access through another third party, this information will be stored.
- If you associate your account with a third party, such as a Marketplace, to import items for a shipment, the necessary data to facilitate access will be recorded.
- The identification of devices (cookie or IP address) and general location for the prevention of fraud.
- Data you have viewed on our Website and sources accessed, including, but not limited to, websites, links, traffic information, location, weblogs and other communication data.
- When orders originate through advertising sources, the source of each order will be recorded. The purpose is to analyse the effectiveness of this advertising; this information will not be used to create or add to your profile.
Information we obtain on you through other sources
If you submit an application for a job position, criminal records and credit reference checks could be requested through an approved agency. Also accessible is content that you have shared publicly, including on social media.
Information we receive about you from other sources
We receive your information from eBay.
You may have allowed other third party websites, services or third parties to share your information with us. This includes information that we receive about you if you have used other websites with which we work or other services we offer; for example Marketplace, Ecommerce platforms, payment means providers, transport companies, technological support companies, and advertising companies.
How do we use your personal data?
Legal Justification for the use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Execution of the contract that is established with you.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- The achievement of our legitimate interests or those of third parties. Your interests will prevail over ours.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
How is your data used in a way compliant with the law?
Please see below the different ways in which we can use your personal data, and note that the lists are given by way of example.:
- Execution of the contract established with you.
- To verify your identity
Your data could be used, if absolutely necessary, in order to comply with our legal obligations or to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering or other crimes.
- To supply our products and services
- The use of your personal data will be required for the execution of contracts when you are registered as a customer.
- To provide information about the contract with us.
- To provide you with information about our products and services related to your personal requirements (for example, merchandise transport needs and associated services, such as merchandise insurance).
- To confirm your identity in relation to the contract .
- In relation to claims, suggesting improvements to our products and services.
- To contact you in order to inform you about changes that may be made to our products and services.
- To manage our Website, including solving problems, diagnosing situations, statistical analyses, directed searches and tests in order to make our Website safe.
We may use the telephone number you have provided us with to give you specific information that we think should help you use your account. We emphasise that calls made to/from Auctane, S.L.U. could be recorded and stored using third-party technology for the purpose of monitoring and training.
If you submit your application for a job or request information on a vacancy, we will use your personal data as part of the selection process, in order to establish your aptness for the position applied for.
- Use of your personal data to comply with our legal obligations
- To comply with our Terms and Conditions and other Policies.
- Logistical Management and Planning, including Accounting and Auditing.
- The handling of any legal disputes in which you are a party.
- The detection and prevention of fraud, money laundering and other crimes.
- The protection of your or other Website user’s interests. .
- The use of your personal data in order to achieve our legitimate interests
- To contact you to promote products or services that may be of interest to you.
Your personal data may be used to identify you and inform you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
The request to receive promotional emails or calls from Packlink S.L. is voluntary; you may request both, none, or one of the two. Your request will not affect the other products and services that you have purchased from us or that you may purchase in the future.
You may update your preferences at any time via the Settings area of your account. All information regarding the management of preferences may be found at our eBay Delivery Help Center.
- To contact you to announce important changes that may affect you, or to verify or update certain information.
On some occasions we may use your personal information to answer your requests, frequently asked questions or to inform you about important changes.
We will use your personal data only when it is strictly necessary:
- To respond to the requests that you have sent us, or to any publication on social media where you have tagged us.
- To inform you about important changes at our company or to our policies.
- To verify or update any important personal information; such as, for example, your bank details, if you have agreed to pay by direct debit (bank receipt), or if you have chosen C.O.D.
- To answer the communications you send us, including calls, emails, real-time chats, publications and messages through social media.
- To improve the operations of our company
With the aim of offering the best products, experiences and services, we could use your personal data, in the following cases:
- To check and improve existing products and services, and to develop new products and services.
- To check and improve our systems, processes and personnel, including training.
- To improve our site to make sure that the contents are presented in the most effective way for you and your electronic device.
- To measure and gauge the effectiveness of the advertising that we offer you and others, to present you with relevant, customised advertising.
Please note that third parties could be used as information processors, who will carry out marketing studies on our behalf.
Modification of Purposes
We will use your personal data only for the aforementioned purposes, unless we is reasonably consider that we need to use it for other reasons compatible with the original objectives. If we need to use your personal data for unrelated purposes, you will be notified, and the legal grounds justifying said modification will be explained.
Please bear in mind that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, as per the above rules where this is required or permitted by law. .
With whom do we share your personal information?
How do we share your personal information within our company?
We share the information you have provided with our staff in such a way that we can provide you with our products and services.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with certain third parties. For example:
- Software hosting providers with whom we work, to maintain our Website, infrastructures, services and applications.
- Carriers, to provide merchandise transport services.
- Contact Management Systems, for the sending of emails, instant messaging, messages through social media, and SMS.
- Third party suppliers that manage the opinions of customers about our products and services.
In certain exceptional circumstances, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties as follows::
- If demanded by any law enforcement agency , as part of legal investigations and judicial processes.
- For the security and protection of our employees, our property, or public property.
- For the prevention or detection of crimes, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for cases of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- As part of a merger, or the sale of a business or assets; if this were to occur, the information would be shared with you through the interested buyer-seller.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your personal information will be stored and processed within the EEA whenever possible. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information will be kept for the necessary time and until the objectives for which it was obtained are achieved. If we are providing you with a service, the information will be stored until the service is finalised.
If you submit an application for a job, or you send us your CV, we will keep your CV and any publications available on your social media accounts for 12 months. If, on the other hand, your application is considered for a specific job, we will store your information for such longer period as is required by law.
In other cases, we will keep your personal data until your account has been terminated, legal claims or disputes have been resolved, if any; and there is no risk of fraudulent activity. If your data is deleted, your account will become inactive.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: (see Your Rights below for further information).
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How do we protect your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We make sure that all the information you provide is transferred securely through our Website, but please bear in mind that the transmission of information via the Internet is not totally secure. Although all our resources are employed to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the total security of your information; therefore, any transmission you make to the Website will be your responsibility. Once we have received your information, it will be processed in accordance with the strictest security procedures and protocols to prevent unauthorised access.
All the information you provide us is hosted on secure servers managed by third parties. Please bear in mind that you are responsible for the password that we have provided you, or that you have created yourself, to access certain areas of our site. We urge you not to share the password with anyone.
How can you help us keep your personal data secure?
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that all personal data that you provide us through our Website is kept and managed in a secure manner. Auctane, S.L.U. complies with the PCI Compliant Protocol, (established to protect the data of the owners of credit cards during and after a financial transaction). This platform uses sophisticated security devices in order to protect your personal information. You can keep your personal information safe, not only on our Website, but when you provide your information to other online providers.
Here are some general tips so that you can improve the security of your personal information:
- Use a modern operating system and a secure browser.
- Make sure that both have the latest security updates.
- Use secure passwords, and do not reuse them to access other websites.
- Do not share your passwords.
- Learn about how scam emails work and exercise extreme caution when you use your email account.
- Be aware of the risks involved when using public Wi-Fi networks
What rights do you have with respect to your personal data?
The right to be informed
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to be notified if we store any of your personal data. You have the right to have a copy of it and to answers to these questions:
- Why are we using your data?
- What classes of information are we using?
- Who have we shared your data with?
- How long do we plan to keep your information?
In order to preserve the security of your data, we will have to verify your identity before providing you with a copy of the information we have and answers to these questions.
The first copy you request will be free. If you request more copies, we may charge you an administrative fee to cover our costs.
You have the right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data of yours
If you have requested a copy of your personal information, you may notice an error or inaccuracy, or that it simply is not complete. In this case, you can contact us and we will correct/include the requested data.
You have the right to unsubscribe
Sometimes it will not be necessary for us to keep your personal data, for example when:
- You believe that the information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was transferred.
- You express your lack of consent for the retention of the data, and we have no legal reason to continue using it.
- You do not consent to us continuing to use your personal data, and we have no reason to keep it.
- We have used your data illegally.
- We have received an instruction from a law enforcement agency that requires us to delete your personal data.
In the aforementioned situations, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. If you think one of these cases applies to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request a copy of the information, transferred to you, or a third party, in a compatible format.
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data for your personal purposes; enabling you to move, copy or transfer your personal data more easily from one IT system to another, in a secure way.
If you need to transfer a copy of your personal data to another organisation in an approved form and in a legible format, electronically, please contact us. There is no fee payable for this.
You have the right to refuse Direct Marketing
You can notify us, at any time, that you prefer that your personal data not be used for Direct Marketing. If you do not wish to receive any of these communications, you can request this in the following way:
In any email from Marketing, you will find, at the bottom, a link where you can request to unsubscribe.
Or you can send an email to email@example.com.
You have the right to request that we stop using your personal data for our legitimate interests
Sometimes we use your personal information to achieve objectives that benefit both you and us:
- When we inform you about products or services that are similar to the ones you have been using.
- When we use your data to improve our company's operation.
- When we contact you to inform you about important changes.
Our goal is for your rights and your personal data to be adequately protected. If you believe that we are using your personal data in an unjustified way, and your rights are being violated, you should immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless there is an overriding legal justification involved, we will not continue to use your personal data.
You have the right to restrict the use of your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information, and to only keep a copy. This right may be exercised in the following circumstances :
- You have informed us that the information that we have is inaccurate, and we have not been able to verify the inaccuracies
- You have informed us that you did not agree to the use of your information to achieve our legitimate interests, and we are evaluating your claim.
- You have informed us that we have used your data in a non-legitimate manner , but you do not want us to delete your data.
- We do not need to use your personal data any longer, but you need us to keep a copy for an existing legal claim or other legal or regulatory purpose.
If you believe that you one of these situations applies to you, please send an email to email@example.com.
You have rights related to the automated decisions that determine a user's profile/identification
Any automated decision is only used for the purpose of personalising the information we provide to you. We will not use this automated format to make decisions with legal repercussions, or that have a material effect on you. You also have the right not to be the object of such decisions. If you need to ask a question about this right, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At times we obtain information from your device to improve our services, which will be used for statistical purposes about our visitors and how they use our Website. This information will not contain any personal details.
The information will be collected through a cookie file. Cookies are automatically downloaded to your device. The cookie file is stored on your hard drive, as cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive. This action will help us improve our Website and the service we offer you.
Note for Ecommerce and Marketplace users
Once you have registered as a Packlink PRO user, you can allow us to access your Ecommerce or Marketplace account whenever it is compatible, to download information about the transport of goods, as well as delivery details. This access will be used only if you have granted us the opportune permission; otherwise we will not have access. Your Packlink password and your Marketplace or Ecommerce password should be different.
This version was updated on the 31st October 2022 . For previous versions, please contact us.
If you wish to file a claim about obtaining and using your personal data, please contact us first so that we can handle your request. You can submit your claim directly by accessing the eBay Delivery Help Center.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com or the following postal address:
Calle Amaltea 9, 3 Floor
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.