When you request the cancellation of a shipment, eBay Delivery conducts two processes to be able to approve and make the refund:
- Checks for the carrier's confirmation, this includes the cancellation of the collection order.
- Verifies that the label has not been used, which involves the review of the shipment tracking.
Due to the above processes, eBay Delivery requires 96 hours to approve and issue the refund.
Once this period of time has passed and the refund has been approved, the payment order is issued. Depending on the payment method you have used, you will receive your payment in the following time periods:
- If you paid with eBay Funds: after the refund is issued, the amount will be immediately available in your eBay funds.
- If you paid by debit card: the amount will be available on your card within 3 to 7 working days.
- If you paid by credit card: the amount will be available on your card within 3 to 7 working days. Please note, you may not see it in your account until the settlement date is negotiated with your bank.
If you paid by PayPal: after the refund is issued, the amount will be immediately available in your PayPal account. Please note, in cases where there are PayPal disputes, the process will be delayed until the payment platform resolves the dispute.
If you have opened a dispute with PayPal, we recommend that you close the dispute, to process the refund from eBay Delivery.
- If you have a direct debit enabled (bi-weekly invoice): it will be reflected as a credit note in the next billing cycle, as long as you have accumulated a sufficient amount to process it.
If you receive a refund, eBay Delivery will issue a corresponding amendment invoice. You can find detailed instructions on how to obtain it in our Help Center.