Everything you need to know about UPS. Click on the relevant category and expand the content:
- UPS Access Point drop off - transit 1 working days to UK Mainland.
- UPS Standard collection - transit 1 working days to UK Mainland.
- Collection window depends from the postcode, but generally is from 8am to 6pm at home.
- Estimated transit time from Monday to Friday, excluding national or local holidays.
- Standard collections are just 1 collection attempt, should the collection fail, it has to be re-booked, contact our customer service.
- Standard deliveries are 2 delivery attempts on consecutive business days.
- The transit indicated does not include an extra 48-96 hours to/from the islands, and remotes zones.
- UPS maximums size allowance can be checked here: Parcel sizes
- UPS is the only carriers that offer the Adult signature: What is Adult Signature Service?
- POD available upon request, please check How to request a POD (Proof of Delivery)
- Track shipments directly from the web of the carrier with label shipping number.
- Customer service Packlink available from Monday to Friday from 8 to 20, and Saturday from 9am to 9pm excluding holidays.
- Door to door collection service.
- Delivers within 1 working days UK mainland
- UPS standard collection service restriction: Maximum weight allowed is 15 kg, maximum length is 80 cm and maximum size is 235 cm in length and girth combined.
UPS Access Point drop off
- Drop off service in any UPS Access point.
- Delivers within 1 working days UK mainland after the parcel is deposited in Access Point.
- Maximum 20 kg, longest side maximum 97 cm, length and girth combined maximum 330 cm.
- Apply a copy to the package with adhesive tape, so that it is clearly visible.
- For collections, UPS messenger do not take any signatures everything is signed digitally on the PDA. Should a proof of collection be required, the sender has to provide a shipping manifest which messenger will sign.
- Deliver the third copy of the shipping document to the messenger if requested.
If you wish, you can insert an additional copy inside the package so that your package is always identifiable in case of incorrect delivery or routing error by the transport company.
- Carrier tracking available on the carrier webpage using the 18 digit tracking number which always starts with "1Z": https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/
- Collection times are Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm
- Delivery for UPS standard is by end of day ( 5.30 pm).
- At the time of quote you will see the first date available for collection UPS. However, when ordering you can select from the calendar an alternative date on which you want your parcel to be collected.
- The pickup time slot is shown to you when you place your order, when you select the pickup date. If you wish to indicate the closing times of the business, we will notify the courier, but we cannot guarantee that the messenger will follow the instructions provided.
- The carrier is not required to call before the pick up. Leave a post-it on the intercom for the messenger, if the name indicated in the order is not present or does not coincide with that on the bell or the intercom is temporarily defective.
- Standard collections are just one attempt, should the collection fail, it has to be re-booked by contacting ebay delivery customer service team.
- Pickup and delivery services are provided from Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. If the collection date chosen corresponds to a public holiday at the place of collection, the collection will take place on the next working day.
- For Courier collection service If you do not wish to wait for the pick up at home, the sender of the shipment can drop off the parcel at any UPS Access Point near to your home with the following exclusions: 1) High value packages (Declared Value over 1000 USD per package); 2) Packages over 20kg/ 44 lbs 3) Oversized packages (over 97cm/ 32 inches in length or 300cm/ 118 inches in length and girth combined); 4) Dangerous Goods.
- For domestic shipments, there will be 2 delivery attempts on consecutive business days. After the full cycle of delivery attempts has been made, UPS will hold the parcel for 5 days. If no instructions are received in this time period the parcel will be returned to the shipper.
- The package can be left in a safe location with discretion of the messenger or in a UPS Access Point, unless there are any signature restrictions.
- If the service selected was Guaranteed, you are entitled to the service refund if the parcel is delivered late, provided the shipment is not over the length/size/weight limitations, the delay was not caused due to reasons beyond UPS control and the service failure is reported within 15 calendar days eligibility period.
- Unsuccessful deliveries will be held at a depot for 5 days before being disposed of by the carrier.
The transit of the service is only estimated and not guaranteed, as specified at the time of quote:
Delivery: within 1 working days for Parcel Collection service and 1 working days for Access Point service after network entry.
- Collection and delivery dates are subject to change.
- Delivery times for estimated transit services are indicative and non-binding, estimated in working days from Monday to Friday, from the date of receipt of the shipment.
- The indicated transit does not include an extra 48-96 hours to/from the islands and remote areas.
- Weekends, non-working days in transit and destination countries, public holidays and national holidays, together with delays caused by customs, the Public Administration or other events beyond our control, weather or logistics, are never included in the estimate of delivery times provided in our offers. We inform you that if there are logistical problems (delays with distribution, accidents, traffic, bad weather, strikes, etc..) the date of delivery may change.
- For more information about maximum weight and dimensions: Parcel sizes
- Damage or Loss deadlines: the claim deadlines are 14 calendar days for damages/fallouts, 15 calendar days for Guaranteed Service refunds and 60 calendar days from the collection date for lost shipments.
- Food: only solid and non-perishable liquid foodstuffs that are properly packaged and packaged in plastic containers are accepted, with the exception of those that can be transported and/or stored at a controlled temperature.
- Specific reserve of damage: In the unlikely event that you your parcel get damaged, the receiver must let the driver know and request to sign the delivery note with reserve that the state of the goods and their packaging (e.g. damaged), as there is no value in the affixing of generic reserves (e.g. reserve of control).
- UPS Access Point locations offer package drop off for with the following exclusions: 1) High value packages (Declared Value over 1000 USD per package); 2) Packages over 20kg/ 44 lbs 3) Oversized packages (over 97cm/ 32 inches in length or 300cm/ 118 inches in length and girth combined); 4) Dangerous Goods.