InPost offers a locker-to-home delivery service. A parcel locker is a 24/7 self-service delivery service which allows the sending of parcels by simply scanning a barcode on the label. The nearest locker could be outside your local supermarket or the station you commute from, find an InPost locker near you. After depositing the parcel into a locker, Hermes will collect the parcel form the locker and deliver
y it to your customer. InPost deliveries can be tracked via InPost track your parcel.
Type of services
- Locker-to-home service.
- Find the closest locker: Find an InPost locker near you.
- Delivery within 2-3 working days (UK mainland).
- Rates include up to £25 standard compensation.
- Hermes will return the parcel to sender after 3 failed attempts.
- Printer is required to use all InPost services.
- Printerless option is not available for this service at the moment.
How to use a locker
- To deposit your parcel into a locker, scan the barcode from the label and select the appropriate compartment size.
- After storing your parcel into the locker an option to scan a QR code appears on the screen, this will pull through the parcel number and request an email address where the digital receipt of the dispatch will be sent.
- There’s no physical printed receipt from the locker, scan the QR code after storing the parcel to receive the receipt via email. The receipt will include the time, date, parcel number and locker ID as well as a link to tracking.
- If there is any issue when scanning the QR code, request a receipt from the following link by providing the parcel number and email address: https://www.inpost.co.uk/receipt/
- After depositing your parcel into an InPost locker, the delivery will be operated by Hermes.
- Track your parcel using the following link https://www.inpost.co.uk/users/track-my-parcel/ and use the 16 digit tracking as shown on the label.
- After depositing your parcel into the locker, transit time will depend on the type of service purchased: 2-3 working days service.
- Transit time starts from the moment the parcel is collected from the locker.
- Collection is guaranteed on the same day only if the parcel is deposited before 12:00.
- Transit time are Mon-Saturday - however will depend on time the customer takes the parcel to the locker, as to whether the driver has already been for the day. To ensure that parcel is collected the same date deposit the parcel into the locker before 12:00.
- Only one parcel per locker compartment: when dropping off a parcel at an InPost locker, each parcel must have its own unique label and be put in separate locker compartments to ensure your parcel does not go missing.
- Full list of prohibited items can be found https://www.inpostdirect.co.uk/prohibited-items
- The heaviest parcel you can send is 15kg, the maximum dimensions are 41cm x 38cm x 64cm.
- Each locker has three different sized compartments for you to choose from:
Small: 8cm x 38 cm x 64 cm
Medium: 19cm x 38cm x 64cm
Large: 41cm x 38cm x 64cm
- Check the shipping rates here: eBay Delivery shipping rates